[sw-l] New Keyboard Demonstration Software

Sandy Fleming sandy at FLEIMIN.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Feb 10 16:01:40 UTC 2005

Val,

That's great, thanks!

Unfortunately a large lightbulb has just appeared over my head and I've
realised there's a better way of laying out the keyboard, so a new version
is imminent.

The idea is that I can use the number keys to type handshapes as well - then
the number hands can be used as memory aids as well as fingerspelling, and
we'd have 36 hands that can be typed with just one keypress, rather than
just 26.

Funny how these things seem obvious in retrospect...

Anyway, it means that you may want to wait until early next week (I'm going
away for the weekend) so you can download the new version - but it's up to
you.

Stuart is giving me a lot of help with making a MacOS version more easily
available, too, so things are looking good  :)

Sandy