[sw-l] Signs in living color

Stephen Slevinski slevinski at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Thu Feb 10 22:44:16 UTC 2005

Hi Stuart,

The short answer is yes.  Signs could be colored when pulling from the
dictionary.  I would only need some rules to apply.

However, 2 dictionaries still have many signs that are images only:  sgn-US
(ASL) and sgn-DE.  Image only signs can not be loaded into SignMaker.
Neither could image only signed be colored.

-Stephen
  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu]On Behalf Of Stuart Thiessen
  Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 5:29 PM
  To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
  Subject: Re: [sw-l] Signs in living color

  Cool!

  Could it be possible, instead of saving color to the dictionary, to apply
color to the sign when pulling from the dictionary? Or alternatively, for
teaching purposes, could it be possible to have a way to assign colors to
different categories of symbols (i.e., handshapes, contact, face, etc.) and
then it would color the sign appropriately? That might be a handy tool for
teachers or people developing teaching materials?

  Just some thoughts.

  Stuart