[sw-l] some news from Poland

Lucyna Dlugolecka deafie at GMX.NET
Thu Feb 17 10:59:30 UTC 2005

Hello List.
Yesterday I gave a paper on the Deaf culture, languages and social position around the world. I was speaking in Polish and it was extremely hard for me, despite I managed it somehow :-). I do speak very rarely, so I wanted to make the most of this opportunity to speak and... afterwards I was dead beat, and I had still to give PJM classes to my uni students, right after a 15-minute break that follwed the one-hour long paper...
Well, I asked my students if they would like to learn SW and they agreed. So, from the next week on I will start teaching SW to them. We will be taking small SW steps within PJM classes.
A paper on SW will be given in a week by Romulad Szurik, a deaf student from the University of Warsaw.
I was told about another student from the city of Olsztyn who is very interested in SW and I'll try to get in touch with him and encourage him to join this List and/or to co-build the SW dictionary for PJM.
I am glad to see that the idea of PJM spreads also in my country :-).

Lucyna

GG 3618151 SMS +48505273292