AW: [sw-l] non-deaf people and mouthing

Sat Feb 26 22:37:14 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
February 26, 2005

Stefan Wöhrmann wrote:
> On my website www.gebaerdenschrift.de I published my development of
> Mundbilder  - (please don´t confuse this with the Mundbildschrift
> which was
> invented for articulation training)
>
> So the signs like pah, mmmm, or deeee or whatever could be written with
> these symbols without any problem, ...

Hello Stefan and Everyone!
This is just a matter of the terms...I did not understand the
difference between the German terms Mundbilder and Mundbildschrift...I
know that their exact translation means...Mouth pictures... and
...Mouth picture writing... in English, but the fact that you were
referring to two different kinds of mouth movements...I did not realize
that! It is confusing for me, because I do not see PAH as a mouth
movement! For me, that is a SignWriting Facial Expression...so I guess
it is all a matter of knowing what your terms mean...

Meanwhile you are all welcome to choose to write any movement you feel
or see, if you feel it is important to your SignWriting document...

Can we get back to some SignWriting spellings? Is there anyone
interested? I wanted to teach you Finger Movements...I never
finished...may I continue?...Will anyone be participating with me?...

And perhaps Stefan, could you show us how you write these Facial
Expressions...or Mouth Movements....;-)
CHA, PAH, PING, TH, MMM, a tongue wag, and a lip lap?

I would love that, Stefan!