[sw-l] Country-specific symbolsets like the SSS-US

Thu Feb 3 16:15:45 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
February 3, 2005

On Feb 2, 2005, at 11:56 PM, Sandy Fleming wrote:
> Talking of which, the SSS-US has a couple of mysterious aspects of the
> choice of handshape to illustrate in the document I'd like to ask
> about...

Actually, Sandy, I recently took the SSS-US down, because I need to
clean it and make it coordinate with the new IMWA numbers...I am always
running behind because there is so much to do...and I never dreamed
that a person from Great Britain would be programming with the
symbolset specific to American Sign Language!

Sorry for the confusions...but in time I will get to cleaning the
SSS-US...

As far as what you use for your work right now...I haven't a clue what
to do for you...I guess you will just have to wait!

If you go to this web page, you can see the choices have changed a
little. Scroll down to number 4 on that page for Country-Specific
symbolsets...Follow the link and you will see I took the graphics
symbols down for the SSS-US...

SymbolBank
http://www.MovementWriting.org/symbolbank