[sw-l] the mini-conference or seminar in Brussels

Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa shane.gilchrist.oheorpa at FRANCISMAGINN.ORG
Wed Feb 9 20:24:22 UTC 2005

Everyone,

We agreed that we will have the mini-conference/seminar on signwriting right
after the ICED2005 - but we haven't decided whether it will be in Maastricht
or Brussels.

========
BRUSSELS
========

1. rooms free and available to use
2. the school we will be at use SignWriting - excellent for us to learn etc
3. things will be at our OWN pace
4. the focus will be on SignWriting - not on Deaf Education or whatever
5. the chance to wind down (after the intense stressful ICED mtg)

==========
MAASTRICHT
==========

1. easy for some people
2. where can we find a free room?
3. if room available, need to pay extra
4. no real sign writing material available

Kathleen and I need to know your opinions right now.

It is important to ensure that signwriting will be used and popular in
Europe - if we don't do anything right now about it, it will fall apart due
to lack of support or unity among the signwriting supporters in Europe.

Let me know,

Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa