AW: [sw-l] Dictionary entries versus everyday signing...

Stefan Wohrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Sun Jan 23 19:42:06 UTC 2005

Hi Val and everybody,

well in fact I am very interested to learn the signs for cities and
countries the way the people use it who live there -
- and as far as I can see there is a tendency in Germany to accept/ to
learn/ to use  the signing of the country as it is ssigned by the DEAF
there -

Same within Germany - if I meet somebody from the south of Germany and
he/she informs me about the namesign of rivers, cities, regions - I am very
interested to get informed ...

Well yes and within this context I learned the sign for Warsaw, Moskau,
Washington ...

So when a DEAF persons comes back from a journey around the world we are
enriched with many new signs  ;-)))) from everywhere ...

Stefan;-)

PS Following the advice of James in Nicaragua some years ago I do underline
all these proper names  so everybody is informed that it is a namesign!