[sw-l] SignSpelling Rules and Guidelines

Wed Jan 26 19:41:15 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
January 26, 2005

SignSpelling Rules and Guidelines...
The sign in the attached diagram shows the following...

1. the sign is near the right side of the forehead
2. you are looking at the back of the hand, so the fingers are facing
forward
3. the index finger and thumb are out, the rest of the hand is in a
tight fist
4. the hand moves back towards the right corner of the forehead
twice..back-back
5. and the movement of the fingers shows a trill...a sequential
closing...and I don't believe the author wanted that...I think the
author meant that the index and thumb come together twice...like
close-close...but instead they wrote a trill by mistake...

I promise I will explain everything in the next messages, based on the
symbols available in SignMaker...that makes it easier for you later to
find the correct symbols later...