[sw-l] Setting up two new SignPuddles....

Stuart Thiessen sw at PASSITONSERVICES.ORG
Thu Jan 20 17:17:22 UTC 2005

So far, Gally hasn't seen the light yet. The educational leadership
here in the US generally do not accept the idea of written ASL. As far
as I am able to determine, their philosophy is English is our written
language and ASL is our "spoken" language.  I disagree with that
concept (naturally! :) ), but so far we haven't had much success as of
yet in changing that view.  But in the long term, I believe what you
are suggesting will happen. :)

Stuart