[sw-l] Mitteleuropa

Lucyna Dlugolecka deafie at GMX.NET
Sun Jan 23 09:41:20 UTC 2005

Shane:
> I like your name - it is different from the usual plain 'lucy'! :D

Me:
Ok, but I was a bit mistaken with the pronouncation. It should be like this:
"lootsinah". Most foreigners find it very difficult to pronounce, so I
thought your would prefer the plain Lucy :-)

Shane:
> I'm from Ireland myself - in Belfast (shall I continue explaining where it
> is?!?! - no, I didn't steal that £27m (millions)!!!) - I use two national
> sign languages - Northern Ireland Sign Language (often described as
> British
> Sign Language - NI dialect) and Irish Sign Language. NISL and ISL are very
> common in the North of Ireland - I'm better with my NISL than with my ISL
> as
> I teach NISL.

Me:
I see! I wasn't able to make head or tail of your SLs - ;-)

Shane:
> I am speaking to our lovely Kathleen (in Brussels) about the idea of doing
> small teaching conference this summer (it is not confirmed yet!) so
> perhaps
> I will see you then in Brussels this summer? :D

In Brussels? Val (following Kathleen) has written about Maastricht... It
would be great if I am able to meet you there, at the conference or
afterwards. I was planning a trip to Prague this summer but now I think,
either I'll go to Maastricht from Prague or I change my plans :-).

Lucyna