AW: [sw-l] SignWriting Meeting, Maastricht, Netherlands, July 2005

Ingvild Roald ingvild.roald at STATPED.NO
Tue Jan 25 12:33:44 UTC 2005

Thanks Kathlee, for thinking practical

sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu skriver:
>Hello people who want to come to Maastricht ICED 2005, ;)
>
>I have some practical questions, unless you want to wait a bit longer.
>
>I will be attending the confrence in Maastricht myself. I would love to
>stay another day. My question? Where will we hold this teacher SW day? In
>Maastricht or some place else? Maybe if it's not to many people I can ask
>if there is room available at my school. If you all don't mind going to
>Brussels ;) Maybe you can even see 'manneke pis' on the way ;)

Brussels sounds fine - I have never been there, and I have a lot of spare
vaccation time then.

>What about a programme? Are people presenting stuff or will we exchange
>informal information in a large/small group?

I think we would mostly exchange information and discuss things. Stefan is
a keynote speaker at the main conference, so we will have something to
start from there. Also there are other people who has submitted abstarcts
for presentations - if they are accepted at the main conference, we will
have them at starting point too. If they are not accepted at the main
conference, maybe they could be presented at our SW day? Otherways, I
think by then we have goten to know each other in a way, and have
questions for each other, and can help each other in many ways. Questions
and problems will be just as valuable as answers and solutions.

>And finally, languages :o) I suppose English for the hearing people. What
>about interpreters for Deaf people?
 In my experience, deaf people are master communicators. I guess we have
to use whatever works, which may be written English with 'natural signing'
and mouthing (with or without voice). Depends on the group size, and the
particular people in the group.

Greetings,
Ingvild