[sw-l] Underlining proper names in vertical columns...

Bill Reese wreese01 at TAMPABAY.RR.COM
Fri Jun 3 21:55:25 UTC 2005

Eh... Stuart ... Now I'm thinking of alternatives.

In considering that these would need to be handwritten as well, I threw
out an idea to make the whole sign bold as a way of showing proper
nouns.  The line really seems to be the fastest and easiest symbol.
Building upon that, variations of the line may work.  Could it be that
the line could be dashed?  Or perhaps a small curlicue could be put at
the end?  Your wavy line suggestion sounds good too.

I think brackets or parenthesis should be reserved for what they are
usually used for.

The sign language specific method of indicating the noun and then
fingerspelling it seems to be the language specific way of indicationg
the noun but what about sign languages that don't support that concept?

Bill