[sw-l] Spelling of ASL Wallet (retry #3)

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jun 13 03:40:45 UTC 2005

Valerie et al,

How does one show continuous touch, not intermittent
touch, Valerie.  I thought that's what the grasp (+)
was for.  When the hands remain in touch as the
fingers flex, not an active touch (once) but an active
continuous touch (grasp).  It's not a turning motion
(like cheese) but the fingertips remain in continuous
contact.  I meant the (+) unless there is some
definition of touch that I am not aware of.

The old "flexing the fingers" (children's mime of a
spider doing push-ups on a mirror) to me would be a
grasp-touch, not a touch-touch.  How do you show
"continuous contact of the fingers when the fingers
flex against each other, not a rub, and not an active
touch which, to me is a motion having a beginning (not
touching) and an end (touching) rather than
"continuous touch from a beginning point (touching)
ending point (touching in a slightly different
position (such as a flex) but not a motion in a
direction (like rub)" It's like, to me, the equivalent
of a tension marker (perhaps that's what I'm trying to
show???), to show the position is in tension, holding
a contact in place.

Charles

Charles