[sw-l] Spelling of ASL Wallet (retry #3)

Mon Jun 13 03:52:35 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
June 12, 2005

My last message for tonight...

The Grasp Symbol is not used for continuous touch...nor does it mean
simple touch at all...it means holding something...like holding a
prop, holding another person's hand in group dances, it used to be
called HOLD, but people thought I meant a pause in time, but I was
talking about really holding something...so I changed the name of the
symbol to GRASP to make sure that people didn't think I meant
anything continuous...

The Grasp Symbol is for truly holding something between two fingers,
like holding your ear in the sign for EARRING, or holding your
clothing, in the sign for APPLY, or one hand holding the other one,
in the sign for MARRIAGE...

So continuous TOUCH is written differently...

Good night everyone!

Val ;-)