[sw-l] Spelling of ASL Wallet (retry #3)

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jun 15 18:18:34 UTC 2005

I'm specifically responding to this message about
"behind the arrows."  I would completely agree with
the writer.  I always thought for a sign like this
where the "ending" action was directly at the end of
the arrow, the handshape showing the final position
should be AT the arrow tip, not below it.

Here is my variant on Wallets, which I think shows
what the reader was getting at.  None of our writings,
until this one, show the final position at the point
of the movement arrow, which I think is much clearer.
It's not a separate sign, which would be below the
first position, but a movement "within" a sign, which
to me should be "at the tip of the arrow" whether up,
down, or to the side.