[sw-l] SignWriter - feature "gloss" input method

Wed Jun 1 14:06:25 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
June 1, 2005

  Ingvild Roald wrote:
> In SignBank you can have a definition / explanition in Sign (but
> you still need a 'label', a standard gloss in the written version
> of a spoken language)

Hi Ingvild!
Talking about SignBank, I hope to send you your new version of
SignBank for Norwegian Sign Language, with the up-to-date IMWA
symbols, this summer. I am hoping to send several copies of SignBank
to the SignWriting Symposium in Brussels in July, so participants can
learn about it...

We do not have the funds to update SignBank to FileMaker Pro 7.0 at
this time, so it runs in FileMaker 5.0-6.0, or, just use the Runtime.

Are there any Norwegian signs you would like me to add to your
SignBank? I notice you have around 60 Norwegian signs in SignPuddle.

Guess what! If you open your SignPuddle, and open the SignBank Editor
at the same time, you can drag and drop the signs from SignPuddle
directly into the SignBank Editor, to add the signs to your SignBank...

It makes life so much easier! So SignMaker in SignPuddle has become
the way we create signs for the SignBank database...;-))

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org
Read & Write Sign Languages