[sw-l] Re: AUSTRALIA Sign for Australia - black line etc

Thu Jun 2 16:31:35 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
June 2, 2005

Antony Daamen wrote:
> Lucina the black line it "the body" of the signer as seen from the
> top.
> Stefan I notice that you draw  the sign from the top? why that way?
> will readers of the sign realise it is from the top? Later I will
> practice more.

No Antony. That is a misunderstanding. I do not believe that Stefan
was writing the shoulders in these signs. He was underlining nouns, I
believe, for his Deaf children...They are not shoulders from the
overhead view...Am I wrong, Stefan?

None of these signs, in Stefan's example, needs to be seen from
overhead...