[sw-l] translatins the name of SignWriting

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jun 9 16:04:21 UTC 2005

I got used to GUM (the government department store in
Russia) being inflected in Russian as GUM, vGUMya,
etc.  It looks strange, but that's what happens with
proper nouns the way the language works.

In Brazil, in general conversation it's signed as "SW"
so abbreviations sometimes work, too.

Charles