[sw-l] POLAND Translating Lessons Book

Lucyna Dlugolecka deafie at GMX.NET
Sun Jun 12 10:36:23 UTC 2005

Val,
Thank you for your tips but I've failed to follow them. The new Acrobat Reader version did not allow me to save the text of the pdf file as a txt file. The txt file was empty or just blank. So, I started to translate from French that I don't understand :-D. However, when I was a young teenager, I used to see Soviet films on TV with French captions :-).
Well, in fact I'm translatin from English.... smile.. I'm attaching a screen shot so that you see how I work.

Lucyna

  Yes...Using Anny's document is excellent, but there is now a second way... to extract the text and diagrams from a PDF file, for free, without any special software...if you see number 4 in the instructions below...So now you have both Anny's files, plus this new method...made possible by the new Acrobat Reader 7.0...

  HOW TO CREATE A TRANSLATION OF A SIGNWRITING BOOK...

  1. Download the SignWriting document in PDF Format
  Let us imagine you wish to translate the Level 3 Goldilocks story. I
  download it by clicking on this link:

  Goldilocks Storybook, SignWriting Level 3
  http://www.SignWriting.org/archive/docs2/sw0168-US-Goldilocks-Level3.pdf

  ---------