[sw-l] POLAND doubts about the strike symbol + werb/noun

Honza honza at RUCE.CZ
Mon Jun 13 09:10:16 UTC 2005

Hi again,
at first I forget to write this:

1) Lucy I can't agree with your first rule. In CZJ and I guess also in
other languages one sign has often more than just one meaning in Czech
(oral language).... but I guess you made in your first rule some mistake
because in second rule you write "Polish synonyms for that are just one
sign are written separately"

2) there is also (I guess) international problem - how to write
equivalents of "Deaf signs". It is hardly one word... as anybody know.

3) about rule 5 - yes that is what I mentioned first. In english it is
easy - there is just one word - Czech, Polish.. - meaning both.
So I thing, considering what I write first (bellow), we should put in
SignPuddle both separately - 1]Cechy 2]cesky (in the basic form by your
rules)

Honza

Hi Lucy,

thanks for your reply.
I thing the same about general forms of words.

Just now I was thinking of signs that means both (nouns, werb) etc.
I think that signs having more meanings (not only nouns+werb) should be
in SW in all meanings separately (considering SW mailing).
But also if you look in any dictionary, you are glad to find there all
meanings of words.
I hope if you are searching some signs (by signs, not words) in SW
puddle, you can find there e.g five same signs with differend meanings.
Also when searching by words.

Honza