[sw-l] challenge for programmers - SSS-ID mapping onto unicode

Wed Jun 22 19:36:29 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
June 22, 2005

> Steve Slevinski wrote:
> Sorry, about my previous email.  You math is correct.  Your
> conversion idea would work just fine.  Very elegant.
> However, I don't like the idea of closing the IMWA.  Because, once
> the IMWA is entered into Unicode it is not allowed to change.

Perhaps Tomas very elegant idea could be applied to language-specific
symbolsets, such as a revised SSS-US? The current SSS-US on the web
is my first-experiement - but once we work out a few minor details,
we could get a stable SSS-US, and that could be a test-area for
Tomas' idea...

meanwhile, the way you have given me the wonderful flexibility to add
to the IMWA is perfect for me, Steve, and I hope that will never
change so that we can expand and grow and improve...smile