[sw-l] ETHIOPIA New Signs!!

Thu Jun 23 16:25:07 UTC 2005

> On Jun 23, 2005, at 12:35 AM, eyasu tamene wrote:
> The very interesting thing is that the complexiety that each of the
> alphabets have- to put them in sign writing.  Thus what would you
> advise me in order to get available the signs which are not
> available in ASL sign writing to get them in ESL- Inventing, Taking
> the approximate ones or....?
> With Lot of Thanks
> Eyasu

Hello Eyasu...
First, look at the ASL SignPuddle to learn how to write the ASL
manual alphabet and then add those into the Ethiopian SignPuddle.
Then, once that is all done, show us some illustrations of some of
the other manual alphabet positions that you use in your language and
then we can try to write that together here on the SW List...

I looked in your SignPuddle and this sign (see attached ) is not
readable for other SignWriting users right now...Can you explain in
words what you are trying to write?...smile...