[sw-l] Sign for HOUSE in BSL, NISL, ISL and Flemish Sign Language...

Sun Mar 6 21:15:48 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
March 6, 2005

Trevor, Shane and Everyone -
There are two subjects....Deaf literature in general that is one
videotape...that is great stuff...

And then there are the materials we donate as a part of the SignWriting
Literacy Project...

We have SPECIFIC workbooks that people translate all over the world...I
am trying to help Shane translate a SPECIFIC book that we use in our
SignWriting Literacy Project...and I am going to print them for
you...so it is not a matter of money...

And we are going to translate this workbook page by page on this LIst
if it kills me!!

So Shane, this is my gift to your organization in Northern Ireland, so
you will have books in NISL to hand out to people, if you just work
with me...and this is true for Flanders too...I promise I will help you
as well...

So the first page has the sign for HOUSE...What is the sign for HOUSE
in NISL? and Trevor you can learn how to write SignWriting right now,
by showing me a picture of the sign for HOUSE in BSL, and then I will
write it for you...and it is time that you try...Please go to this web
page:

BSL SignPuddle
http://signbank.org/signpuddle/sgn-GB/create.php

and try to enter the sign for HOUSE...if you have time to write an
email message in English then you have time to try for just five
minutes...Go to that web page and click on a handshape and explore the
handshapes....write again and ask questions...

There are no excuses for not trying...

Many thanks for sharing your sign for HOUSE with us! You will see that
for the first time in history, Sign Language Children's Stories written
in BSL and NISL will exist soon, if you follow me now step by step...

Val ;-)