[sw-l] Adding Classifiers to SignPuddle Dictionaries

Nancy Emery nemery at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Wed Mar 16 00:13:26 UTC 2005

that will be very cool in future when that is possible, Stephen!  you are
right, I am interested in being able to modify for temporary uses - because
a classifier construction is like packing a whole sentence into the space of
a sign, and there are too many possible classifier-sentences to put them all
in the dictionary.  When that feature is possible I may use Signmaker for
transcribing videos, since I can't print from SW Java now anyhow, I can just
as well make a screen capture of an e-mail as of a SW Java page.

for now it seems like putting the classifier handshapes in, using the CL:3
style notation, makes sense just to let people know what they are, even if
they can't use them directly from the dictionary.

Nancy