RES: RES: RES: [sw-l] Doubt about Sign

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sat Mar 5 04:03:41 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
March 4, 2005

Sergio Ribeiro wrote:
> I know this exemplo, but I was think this represent left hand, becou
> right hand fingers are to left side. But my doubt is if when you move
> hand position it inverse fingers. I was confuse when I seen five group
> configuration in Textbook.

Well - my textbook could obviously be better....but to answer this
question...this is the right hand...the darker part of the handshape
represents the four fingers together and the thinner line represents
the thumb...and you are not viewing it from overhead...the hand is
parallel with the Front Wall...smile...it is as if you are standing
behind someone signing and you are looking at the side of the
hand...this is the most common way to write this ;-))