[sw-l] FRENCH-SWISS Report ;-))

Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod girodmarc at VTX.CH
Sun Mar 6 20:45:15 UTC 2005

Here is the message I send to you...:

Dear Valerie,

As I told you a long time ago... I had translated the Sw lessons in
french... I did send you a copy of my translation...
Time as gone bye... and you did'nt hear from me for a while...! I had
to finish my studies in linguistics (finally over in march!) and our
family grew bigger with the arrival of our third kid Noé (Noah) on the
8th of June !! busy time eversince...

I didn't have time to do much more about SW... but I can't remember if
I told you we (Siv Fosshaug (whom you know quite well, from the german
part of Switzerland) Viviane (a deaf person from the french speaking
part of Switzerland) and me) already had a one day SW introduction for
the professionnal working in a school for the deaf in Fribourg... one
day is too short... but it was a great first experience! Siv was
teaching the course and I was translating from international sign
language into french... for the hearing professionnal...!
We used my translation of your course... and Siv did a GREAT job... she
managed to insert all the different examples in swiss-french sign
language. She added everything... which took her a lot of time!

  We also did a second workshop beginning of september in Lausanne. In
the group there were half  deaf sign language teachers and half sign
language interpreters... it was a 2 day course... and was much
better... we had more time to go through everything... and to do the
different games we prepared.

Siv and Viviane also taught a one day course to the future sign
language interpreter's course...

as you see SW is preading over here!!! we also started to have
meetings... (all people who had the introduction couse are welcome to
participate) to practice SignEcriture together and improve our
skills...
SignPuddle's dictionnary is a great tool to work together too... and
people are really motivated!!!

Siv did some corrections  of the different samples... and now we have a
beautiful course which can be put on the web! I'll send you a copy on a
CD as it's a too big document to send on the mail!!!
On the CD, you'll find two different format (word and pdf...) up to you
to see how you manag eto put it  on the web

I hope that having the course available on internet will allow other
people to join our group... and discover this beautiful way of writing
sign languages!!!

Thanks again for all you've done!!!

Hope to hear from you soon

Anny