[sw-l] how to write badanie sluchu

Lucyna Dlugolecka deafie at GMX.NET
Wed Mar 23 13:16:01 UTC 2005

Stefan,
As to z, I'll make a video clip as soon as I manage it in this busy time. Great you have a sign for radio similar to badanie sluchu as our sign for radio is similar to it too. The rotation movement is very slight, just as on the pic I had linked to earlier. Based on the Czech SW sign for hearing examination I think my first try was good (we don't move the hands three times but twice).

Lucyna
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Stefan Wöhrmann
  To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
  Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 10:52 AM
  Subject: AW: [sw-l] how to write badanie sluchu

  Hi Lucyna,

  1)       have a second look at the left hand - smile

  2)       Like your gif of the polish Z it is always dificult to understand drawn arrows - why - because the artist has already interpreted his idea of the movement and takes his own symbols to express that.

  In this case of hearing  examination  ( by the way how would you spell  earring examination ?)  how quick is this rotation movement - like trembling?

  3)       Watch the thumbs - what are they doing moving in and out or more up and down? This will allow the decision which symbol would be the best - rotation wall plane (two lines) or floor plan (one line)

  In DGS there is a sign for radio - almost like that - I am going to put it on the German SignPuddle soon -

  Stefan ;-)