[sw-l] Copy and paste between SignPuddle dictionaries

Wed Mar 23 15:39:09 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
March 23, 2005

TECH QUESTION: SignPuddle

Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod wrote:
> if I want to copy a sign from US dictionnary (as ASL is close to LSF)
> and paste it into my swiss french dictionnary...
> I go to US dic... open the editor page... then write down the word I'm
> seraching for... (for wyemple COW)
> but then I don't see any COPY button... and if I click on the swiss
> flag then I get back to the swiss dictionnary...
> What am I doing wrong ??

Hello Anny and Everyone!
Thanks for this question. Stephen will be on vacation over the Easter
holiday. I am not sure if he is still online or not? smile....If not,
then we may have to wait...I can tell you that this worked for me, but
now I realize that the reason it worked is that I am a Dictionary
Editor for ALL the SignPuddles in all countries...so maybe you will
have to become an editor of BOTH the ASL SignPuddle and the
French-Swiss SignPuddles to be able to do this...I am not sure...

So here is my suggestion...Let's first try it in the reverse....Login
as a Dictionary Editor of your own French-Swiss SignPuddle and search
for a sign...there should be a screen that looks like the attached
diagram...see the Copy button? click on that and then see if you can
paste it into the ASL SignPuddle...don't worry...I can delete it
later...see if this works, Anny and write again...If this works, I can
invite you to become an ASL editor and that will work for you until
Stephen can help us after Easter...

Directions:
- On the Dictionary Editors screen, search for a sign
- Find the right sign from the list and press Copy
- Pick a flag on the bottom of the page
- On the top-left, click the Paste button. (kind of hidden and will go
away in time)