[sw-l]

d.noelpp at GMX.CH d.noelpp at GMX.CH
Mon May 16 20:48:23 UTC 2005

Hello List

I am sorry if the software doesn't run under every Windows machine. If you
fail starting the software try to get a glimpse at the stack trace. If the
splash screen with the Greek alpha doesn't disappear then most probably
there is a stack trace. How to get the stack trace?

1. Open the DOS prompt and cd to the directory where you donwloaded the jar
file.

2. Enter java -version

3. You should get a 5 version (for example 1.5.0_02 is good). If not then
try to start the right java version.

4. Enter java -jar signwriter_alpha01.jar

5. You see a stack trace usually with "Exception in thread" as the first
three words and many lines starting with "at", indented. I need this stack
trace because it tells me exactly where in the source your machine had a
problem with the program. This can be very helpful. Thank you.

6. The software is alpha. This is a lot worse than beta. Beta is buggy
software, alpha is UNUSABLE software. I am sorry, again.