[sw-l] SignWriterTiger for Mac OS X Tiger!!

Mon May 23 17:51:22 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
May 23, 2005

Daniel Noelpp wrote:
> I just put a release specifically for Mac OS X 10.4 on the http://
> www.signwriter.org homepage. It is nothing new, just the .jar file
> repackaged specifically for Max OS X so that it behaves more or
> less like a native application.

----------------------

Dear SW List Members...
Many thanks to Daniel for this new Macintosh download found on this
web page...

SignWriter Tiger
http://www.signwriter.org/

When I downloaded the Macintosh version, I found that it requires
Java Tiger 1.5.

Mac OS X Tiger, although the newest Mac operating system, comes with
Java 1.4 installed, NOT Java Tiger 1.5. I understand that later
versions of Mac OS X Tiger will ship with Java 1.5 installed, but the
current version does not.

SO, I downloaded Java Tiger 1.5 for the Mac on this web page:

Download Java Tiger for Mac OS Tiger:
http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/java2se50release1.html

And now I can open SignWriter Tiger on the Mac!!...Wow. First time!!

I LOVE seeing SignWriter Tiger on my Mac!!!...See attached diagram...

Many thanks, Daniel!