[sw-l] BRAZIL SignConverter and Eyegaze...

Augusto augusto at DICIONARIOLIBRAS.COM.BR
Fri May 6 18:20:13 UTC 2005

Val.,

        I have time. I can do it
        Thank you very much
        Augusto
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Valerie Sutton
  To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
  Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 1:45 PM
  Subject: [sw-l] BRAZIL SignConverter and Eyegaze...

  SignWriting List
  May 6, 2005

  Augusto wrote:

      I think that
      SignConverter  is a good name.
              Software´s name: SignConverter
              Autor : Pedro Augusto Marques
              www.dicionarioLibras.com.br
              augusto at dicionariolibras.com.br
              When you give me the symbols of eyegazes
              The animations will put in the list for everybody  to use it, these animation is not mine is our.
               It´s for the member of the list. It´s for the parents, teachers and children to learn fastly and easely
               When all animation  was finished, I will be translate in English   and I wait that   help very much people
               on the world
                Augusto

  Hello Augusto!
  This is great. I like the name SignConverter. I will place that in our listing...

  Now, regarding the eyegaze...I am so sorry, my time is limited today...do you have time to do it? let me explain...if you can, go to:

  1. http://signbank.org/signpuddle/sgn-BR/create.php

  2. Click on the Eyegaze Group. You will get this (see attached)...

  3. The Eyegaze with the double-stemmed arrow means eye direction up, or up-diagonal, or down, or down-diagonal or side.

  4. The Eyegaze with the single-stemmed arrow means forward, or forward-diagonal, or side, or back diagonal...

  5. When we write, we are writing from our point of view (Expressive), but for your animation, I think you need to write it following the eyes of the animation...so that would be Receptive view, meaning that the signer is facing us...so be sure to have the eyegaze symbols follow his exact movement so it really looks like the direction of his eyes...

  I hope this helps...I am sorry I have to run...I hope to be online tomorrow again! Have a splendid day, everyone - Val ;-)