[sw-l] Confused about Confused

Fri May 27 02:09:41 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
May 26, 2005

Stuart Thiessen in Iowa wrote:
> can you help me explain the difference between the 5 handshape here
> and the 5 handshape in bear

Hello Everyone, and Stuart!
You are correct that the movement symbols are wrong on the sign for
CONFUSED in SignPuddle and I will fix that next message...

The difference between the two handshapes? The handshapes in the sign
for BEAR are bent at the Middle Joint of the fingers. The handshapes
in the sign for CONFUSED are spread-cupped fingers...there is a bend
at both the Middle and Knuckle joints in the cupped handshapes..the
fingers are more forward...