FLANDERS Question about a vertical line symbol in Flemish SignPuddle ;-)

Wed Nov 30 18:53:00 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
November 30, 2005

Hello Kathleen and Everyone -

Kristof had the very very hard job of writing all those signs by
himself, with no one to help him or give him feedback...he was
totally alone with it, as far as I know...so we can only give him
applause for the pioneer work...I think he did an amazing job...

So this is no criticism...

But I think it is best not to use those lines...I can see the
problems Kristof was facing, but we have other ways to write these
signs...

This is important for me, because if we leave this, I would have the
burden of having to start teaching it in our textbooks, or at least
documenting a newly-developed symbol from Flanders, and that is a lot
of work for me, and also a lot for others to learn too...when I don't
think it is necessary...so I would like to ask if we can show this to
your children again, but with some examples from me for other
alternatives as well...I hope this will be ok with you? It would be a
great help to me...

What perhaps Kristof was looking for, was to add arm lines to the
hands, to show that they are flexing at the wrist...I will show you