Signs for different countries

Juliette Dalle july.tigre at FREE.FR
Wed Nov 2 22:42:23 UTC 2005

De Juliette à Anny (celle qui sait de quoi elle parle... huhuhu ===> je
sors).

Indeed it isn't stealing to copy, only to win of the time. I have
copied some sign form Swiss Signpuddle. Anny did the same with LSF
signpuddle... :-) It is a luck that LSF belgium, swiss and french are
nearly...

hugs

July

Le samedi, 29 oct 2005, à 21:03 Europe/Paris, Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod
a écrit :

> it's a big chance to can copy from one dictionnary to another one...
> so it's great if you could use some of the swiss french
> dictionnary.... (you're not stealing anything but saving some time!!!)
>
> that's for what they are supposed to be...
>
> Anny
> (A-Claude)
>

> De : "Thierry Haesenne" <thierry.haesenne at ilmh.be>
> Répondre à : sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
> Date : Fri, 28 Oct 2005 02:01:21 +0200 (CEST)
> À : SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
> Objet : [sw-l] Signs for different countries
>

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am currently drawing a Sign Writing database for different countries
> in the world... I still need some signs, and apart from those I could
> find on the Sign Puddles, I cannot find :
>
> Europe : Lietchenstein, San Marino, Macedonia
>
> Asia : Tadjikistan, Kyrgizstan, Mongolia, Chechnya, Georgia, Azerbaijan
>
> Americas : Salvador, Jamaica
>
> Middle-East : Yemen, Oman, Bahrein, United Arab Emirates (Dubai, Abu
> Dhabi, Ras-al-Fujairah, etc.),
>
> Africa : Libya +  the Black African countries, ie : Niger, Nigeria,
> Mali, Botswana,  Senegal, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Gabon, Zimbabwe,
> Tanzania, Guinea, Swaziland, Mozambique, Namibia, etc.
>
> It would be better if the signs were the national signs used in these
> countries, if you happen to know them...
>
> I will put all the country signs on the French Belgian Sign Puddle
> when I get some time to do it... For those who are interested, I
> managed to get : Qatar, Bhutan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan,
> Iran, etc. thanks to my travelling... Some signs that will be on the
> Sign Puddle will be the signs used in French-speaking Belgium and not
> those used in these countries...
>
> So far, I have imported all the relevant signs from the Flemish,
> French and French-Swiss Sign Puddles. Hope their authors don't feel
> that I have been stealing their hard work!!!  Now, I have to put all
> the signs that Bruno and myself created over the last few weeks (about
> 1200 more signs to be added soon...)
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Thierry

<image.tiff>