NORTHERN IRELAND Writing Numbers

Sat Nov 5 18:11:53 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
November 5, 2005

Dear SW List, Shane, and everyone in Northern Ireland!
In a few email messages now, I will write some of the numbers from
Northern Ireland Sign Language...and please give me feedback, Shane!

First, in ASL, we have a number 11 which is similar to some of the
movements in the numbers from Northern Ireland. Here are two ways to
write the ASL number 11...Notice how I am adding a second variation
of the same sign, in our ASL SignPuddle. The second variation is more
detailed, but useful for researchers and people who do not know ASL.
So I am placing the simpler version as the first choice, and the more
detailed version as the second choice...I will do that in your
Northern Ireland SignPuddle too, Shane, and that will give you the
best of both worlds...You will still be able to send email in
Northern Ireland signs, using the simpler first version. See next
message for Northern Ireland signs...