tongue-between-teeth in ASL

Tue Oct 11 14:19:03 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
October 11, 2005

Kimberley A. Shaw wrote:
> I need help in SignWriting an expression which is very typical for
> ASL ...
> but for which I am not finding a symbol in Signmaker. Namely, that of
> holding the tip of the tongue between one's teeth.

Hello Kimberley and Everyone!
OK. Attached are the Tongues and Teeth symbols in the IMWA. The
second section for Teeth, the first row under column 2 and 3 show
Tongue Resting on Top of Lower Teeth, and Tongue Resting Under Upper
Teeth...

But I am not so sure the Teeth are so important. I might have chosen
one of the Tongues to the left...

Do you have questions on what all these mean?  Val ;-)