Grasp Contact Symbol

Sun Oct 23 19:28:26 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
October 23, 2005

Dear SW List Members:
I have been teaching some SignWriting privately through email now
too, so not all messages are being posted to the List...And that is
ok!! I will share with you, when a certain issue pops up...

One today that is interesting...

Someone wrote to ask me what the Grasp Contact Symbol means? It means
that you grasp something in your hand...like an ear, or your
clothing, or two hands grasping each other...

...and in Full Body writing, you could grasp a Prop too...in
fact...in Full Body writing..you can hug a person by showing your
arms around another person, and using the Grasp Contact Symbol...so
it is not just hands...ha!