Minimalist

Wed Sep 7 14:58:59 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 7, 2005

Steve Slevinski wrote:
> For conversations between multiple signers, I believe formatting
> and color should suffice.  The colon has been used to identify who
> is signing.  If you colorize the signers name sign, then the text
> becomes even clearer.  Or if you don't like the color option, you
> could always underline the name signs instead.

Hello Steve and Everyone!
I love your color options in SignPuddle...and I know that the color
options would be very useful for online communication in email, for
example...Someday, I hope you can make it possible to send some of
the signs in an email message in color...or can we already do that?
Can you teach us how to use color in email?

I would use that feature daily...to be able to colorize some signs
for emphasis while writing an email would help us highlight the
diagrams we are trying to discuss, while using SignWriting mail...

And I think your ideas about general conversation writing are good,
and very simple for online communications...so keep sending your
ideas...they are valuable...

Regarding the idea of writing dialogues...There is now research being
done to write more detail than just ...He said, She said...it is more
complex than that, because conversations between many Deaf people
actually take on a life of their own...the conversation starts to
revolve around a common prop or reference point...which does not
exist in English or other spoken languages as far as I know...

So there are many layers to the topic of dialogue-writing ;-))

Thanks again for the beautiful color, Steve...I love it and plan to
use it more and more...