POLAND... Antarktyda again, plus 10 hand issues...

Fri Sep 9 22:02:49 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 9, 2005

Lucyna Dlugolecka wrote:
> I see! I thought it depends on the point of view! With signs
> without the head I used to put "up" arrows (as in the YOU sign,
> e.g.). I try to take the all rules logically :-). If I put a head
> to the sign, I start imagining that there is a "person" signing to
> me, and if the person move forward (toward me :-)), the floor
> parellel movement arrow is to be pointing down... So now I know I
> was wrong... thanks... I'll correct it tomorrow as now it's about
> midnight :-)

Oh my goodness, no! That is a big misunderstanding, although I can
see why that happened...Expressive is a little weird...It is as if
you are looking through the back of someone's head and feeling your
own face doing the facial expressions...

Your idea above would mean that you were changing your writing and
mixing Receptive and Expressive...but no...if we choose to write in
the Expressive View, then we always remain in the Expressive view at
all times within the document.

The American sign for NOT is a very similar sign...but we remain in
the Expressive view...So forward, in Expressive, is up on the page.
Back, in the Expressive, is down on the page. And when movement is
forward, even though you are touching your chin and the arrow seems
like it would go through the center of the facial circle, you still
remain Expressive and simply place the arrow over to the side a little..