symbol ?

Sun Sep 11 16:04:44 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 11, 2005

Juliette Dalle wrote:
> I see... Then I look  just  for a symbol that means "behind". I
> mean : how to write the symbol on the whole of symbols where the
> right hand is behind the left hand ? (not a portion of hand, but
> full hand).

Hi Juliette and Everyone!
I see. OK. There are several ways to write one hand behind the other
one. Are the two hands touching? And are you writing the sign for
children (everyday use) or for research (more detailed use)...?

For Research Use
Look at the same attached diagram. Scroll down to the second section,
for the Wall Plane. Can you see the example to the side? I circled it
with red. That is a detailed way to show that the right hand is
directly behind the left hand and that the two hands are contacting
each other...The Surface Symbols show that the thumb of the left hand
is contacting the baby finger of the right hand...I would not use
this for everyday writing. This is the detailed way...

The hand that is in front is slightly higher, and the hand that is
behind is slightly lower...I can explain this too...Write again with
questions...