Downloading SignBank

Wed Sep 14 14:01:59 UTC 2005

Hi Tim and Geoffrey,

I have never had a problem unzipping the IMWA images on either Windows
XP or Linux.  After some investigation, I've determined that your
problems may be caused by your hard drive format.  I am using NTFS as my
file system.  If you are using FAT32, you may be hitting the max files
per folder limit.

It theory, a FAT32 folder can hold 65,534 files.  However, the use of
long file names can significantly reduce the number of available files.
The IMWA graphics use long file names with a length of 18.

If you open file explorer and right click on your hard drive and select
properties, you will be able to see if you are using NTFS or FAT32 under
the File system attribute.

If this is the problem, then this is a problem.  Please check and we'll
go from there.
-Steve