Writing DEPTH...Handshapes CLOSE and FAR

Mon Apr 10 01:52:08 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
April 9, 2006

Writing DEPTH...Handshapes CLOSE and FAR
In Movement Writing, we can use size of handshapes to show
DEPTH...the larger hand symbol means closer to your chest and the
smaller symbol means further away (closer to the Front Wall)...We do
this in DanceWriting with legs and feet too... Size is a Movement
Writing technique to show close and far for hand, legs and feet...The
Small Variation for handshapes have never been entered into the IMWA,
but they could be, just as we have the three Movement Arrow sizes
right now...you would click on the Variations Key to get the smaller
size handshape for FAR depth...