Suggestion

Wed Apr 19 04:34:55 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
April 18, 2006

Stuart wrote:
> Hi! I wanted to make a suggestion something that Philip and I have
> talked about. We were talking about the ASL name for SignWriting. We
> want to suggest a different name sign for SignWriting. We have listed
> them under SignWriting_3 (for vertical writing) and SignWriting_4 (for
> horizontal writing).

Hello Stuart, Philip and everyone!
I will leave ASL decisions to all of you...smile...glad you are
thinking about these issues ;-)

A side note: the writing of the sign for SIGN needs a tiny
correction...see attached diagram....When you open and close from a
square fist...the symbols need to be dots...a dark dot means to close
the Middle Joints into a fist, and the Hollow dots mean to open the
fist to an open hand...the little arrows for opening and closing from
the Knuckle Joint are called Hinge Arrows, and they cannot be used in
this particular sign, because Hinge Arrows are only used when the
fingers remain completely straight but only hinge up and down at the
knuckle joint...I will show more on this next message ;-)