ASL for Turtle

Tue Apr 25 16:53:43 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
April 25, 2006

Stuart Thiessen wrote:
> I added turtle_5 to SignPuddle. What do you think? Is there a better
> way to write this? Also, I remembered that the "10" handshape had lots
> of changes. I couldn't remember if it affected the "A" handshape. The
> thumb is on the fist, but it just wiggles up. I'm sure some think of
> it like the thumb wiggles down. You could probably write it either
> way. I saw turtle_4, but it seems the palm orientation on the "10"
> handshape is off.

Hello Stuart and Everyone!
Thank you for telling us...I enjoyed visiting SignPuddle and I
deleted the old graphics-only versions of the sign for Turtle, from
the old days, and then added some new versions..see attached...

we can move yours to be the first one, rather than number 5,
Stuart...if you go back into SignPuddle you may have to use the
Reload button to see the changes i made...

So you feel that the finger Flicks Open-Open, rather than closing
Squeeze-Squeeze? I was thinking of it like the movement in the sign
for HUH?...bending down twice...so that was why I used the dark
dots...go right ahead and change the SignPuddle entries as you see
fit...maybe the reason the dark dots work for me is that I am using
the bent thumb handshape...the A handshape is ok but I like the bent
thumb handshape better I think...what do you think?