is there a way to paste from SignText into word documents ?

Sat Apr 15 14:38:32 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
April 15, 2006

Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod from French Switzerland wrote:
> If I book mark the page I work on in SignText... I can't write
> words for
> comment beside the signs ... so concretely I need to be able to
> paste a sign
> in another doc (or save each sign as a picture....)
>
> Is there a way for me to do that ?!?!

--------------

Hello Anny and Everyone!
I know Steve has already answered you, but here is my answer. YES!
You can...There are several ways to do that, that are not yet
features of SignText, but if you now computers you can do it...

Copying Signs from SignText into Documents
Part 1...continued next email

1. Bookmark the sentence first, so you have a saved copy of the
sentence.

2. Click on the SignMail Icon in SignText Options Page (not in
SignPuddle, but in SignText there is SignMail too)

3. Email the sentence to yourself with a text comment at the bottom
and you get everything you need for your files...You can then save
your emailed messages like an Archive, in your email software...with
the spoken language comments at the bottom of the email message...See
diagram below.

I never completed the SignText Reference Manual...I am sorry...this
should have been explained there...I know that Steve will be
improving the program, so I held back from writing more manual
pages...smile...

Are you still in Mac OS 9, Anny? Or are you using Mac OS X now? What
version? What is your email software? Val ;-)