Boat_3

Adam Frost adam at FROSTVILLAGE.COM
Fri Dec 1 14:57:20 UTC 2006

Well Rev,
I think you hit on why this palm point of view has not been used that
much. It is really complex. I used to wonder the same thing; why not
make the handshape thinner; why not make the handshape "angular" as
done in perpective drawing; or why not even make it so that the black
is "1/4" of the hand. But then I realized that because technology at
the time of the development of the symbols was very limited, and it
still is in the sense of what we need for SW. All of thoes questions
are good, but the problem is that the handshaps will look like other
handshape, ie the hindge hand. So considering that and trying to make
reading at most ease, the best thing would be to make the black area
1/4. The thing to remember is that this isn't really needed much, and
nature of the complexitity of the angle with make the handshape
complex and therefore more advance. The concept is a little abstract,
but it is still simple to understand. I hope this helped.
Adam