Heel of Hand IS the Flat Hand from another viewpoint

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri Dec 15 01:08:06 UTC 2006

Stuart Thiessen wrote:
> :-) That is interesting. Philip and I were feeling the same way. We
> like the heel where it makes sense. Sometimes a top-view is helpful
> too.
>
> Personally, like I mention below, I wonder if there is any reason
> why we couldn't do this and consider it the same handshape but
> different symbols as related to the orientations.
>
> Does this make sense?
>
> Stuart

Ha! Smile!!! Yes, Stuart, this makes sense.

The Heel of the Hand IS the same symbol as the Flat Hand...it is
simply the Front View of the Flat Hand that is parallel to the floor.
It is not a new symbol. It is an OLD symbol that is being re-
visited...re-born...So this means there are two ways to write the
Flat Hand parallel to the floor...from the Front View or the Top
View, and both ways are fine: