How long does it take to learn?

Adam Frost adam at FROSTVILLAGE.COM
Fri Dec 15 21:45:52 UTC 2006

I can only say from my experience as a Deaf user. I have taught a lot
of Deafies to read SW, and they all get it in less than 30 minutes.
Now that doesn't mean that they can write in SW, but the can read a
document without support.
Now, for your question about daily users, that will be diffcult to
figure as I am sure several others on the list will agree. But I can
speak for myself that I have tons of notes to myself in SW. My
computer has some, but is limited because of the lack of technology.
Which brings me to my next comment, most Deafies I know near me don't
use it on a daily bases because there isn't ease to use it. This has
brought out my blunt nature of being Deaf (and because I know them
well) to say to them it is just an excuse to stay illiterate in their
own native language. (I know. Very bold!)
I hope this helped you out some.

Adam