Writing the 4 Group in handwriting

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri Dec 1 20:22:00 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
December 1, 2006

Yes, you are right, Charles, this is fascinating...and thank you
Stuart, for this message...I got sidetracked with video capture and
learning how to take a picture of my hands..... so I am sorry for the
delay in answering...

You are right Stuart, that there are some handshapes that really do
have to have that thumb information...so the thumb does have to be
written in some way...

I personally write it differently, but that does not mean I am asking
you to personally write by hand my way...I bet you can teach us a
lot! and I am interested in all your ideas...

In the attached diagram you beautifully wrote both in SignWriting and
in cursive-English writing (smile)...

my question to you is...what is your stroke-sequence when writing SW
symbols by hand? The clue is in the stroke-sequence...

I will try to write this by hand for you the way I personally would
write them and then scan in my handwriting...then let's discuss it
some more!