length limit

Mon Feb 6 18:27:16 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
February 6, 2006

Hi Cherie!
I can see you assume that Steve and I can read fluent ASL sentences!
That is cool! But I am not sure I know the signs that are equivalent
to the glosses you mention below...I have not been able to keep up
with all the messages...so I will go back in the Archive to see what
you originally sent and I will answer you...You are way ahead of me,
because I have been so busy fulfilling orders and answering
researchers questions...

The way to really tell us if we missed something or not is to take a
screen capture of the way the sentence looks when it is correct on
your computer and then send us the screen capture as a graphic to see
if we saw the same thing you did...

The new problem now is that the sentences are so long that we cannot
take one screen capture of the whole sentence! So this is all a new
experience for us...and very exciting one at that! Thank you for
giving Steve this feedback which is so important...

Since every web browser is different, I guess we will someday need a
document viewer in Python or something like that...so we all see the
same thing...I know Steve has talked about doing that in the future...

I suspect you need to use your Refresh Button, Cherie, when you re-
load in a sentence...it may be that your web browser is holding other
pictures and is not seeing the same sentence you just loaded...try
pressing the Refresh Button several times in a row...when you re-load
anything...

Val ;-)